The Letten Prize is a partnership between the Letten Foundation, the Centre for development and the Environment University of Oslo) and The Young Academy of Norway. It is a price of 2 million NOK (ca. 181,000 EUR/211,000 USD) given to the winner and it started in 2018.
It is awarded yearly, hence the call for The Letten Prize 2021 Application is here. The price is shared in such a way that ¼ is for personal usage and ¾ is to be used for research activities.
The Letten Price is awarded to appreciate younger researchers’ contribution towards health, development, environment and equality in all aspects of human life. It has been two years since the first awarding of this Prize, hence the call for new applications.
Do you know of a deserving young researcher who have conducted research aimed at solving global challenges within the fields of health, environment, and equality in all aspects of human life? Or perhaps this description fits you? Share the news with deserving colleges.
You can also apply for the; APPLY FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS (QECS)
The Letten Prize 2021 application call opens on November 10, 2020 and stays open until February 2, 2021. The application form will be available from September 10.
CRITERIA FOR THE LETTEN PRIZE 2021 APPLICATION
The Letten Prize is awarded every other year to one young researcher who:
- conducts research aimed at solving global challenges within the fields of health, development, environment and equality in all aspects of human life
- has conducted excellent research of great societal relevance
- is under 45 years old the year when the prize is awarded
In addition, it is desirable that the researcher:
- has conducted research which has impact across national borders
- engage in/with interdisciplinary research
- is a good disseminator.
The Letten Prize Committee will emphasise candidates’ future research potential. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The Letten Prize will be awarded in Oslo on September 7, 2021. The candidate’s travel costs will be covered.
Application is now opened for; FULLY FUNDED ETH-D EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP AND OPPORTUNITY PROGRAMME
Candidates apply themselves by following the application guidelines outlined in the application form.
The winner is obliged to:
- provide a written report on research activities the award has enabled
- give the “Letten Lecture” presenting the results of the research during an event in connection with the 2023 Letten Prize award.
Applications which are incomplete, have arrived after the deadline or that do not comply with the criteria will not be considered.
The winner will be notified by phone and email. The information is confidential until the Letten Prize is awarded.
Visit HOME PAGE for more information