The United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) has established an internship programme for young professionals interested in strengthening their understanding of United Nations.
The Major aim of the UNDP Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting-Internship 2020, is to provide professional enrichment for young professionals, enhancing their leadership and professional skills. It is also aimed at broadening the global perspectives of these young professionals.
The interns of the UNDP Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting-Internship 2020, will be responsible for supporting the development of high impact communication materials for all streams of the Office’s work including South-South Galaxy, South-South Global Thinkers, Youth4South, Cities Project, IBSA Fund, and so many others.
The interns will on the other hand support knowledge management and research on SSC and TrC. The core requirement of this internship is strategic thinking with necessary ability to deliver high quality, well drafted, thought-provoking materials under pressure and tight deadlines consistently.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected intern for the UNDP Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting-Internship 2020 will
- Support drafting reports, programme results, outputs and outcomes
- Produce communication materials to highlight the achievements of UNOSSC across all of it projects and programmes
- Support knowledge management through UNOSSC’s online platforms
- Assist in providing research support on SSC and TrC.
- Draft knowledge and advocacy products e.g. background documents, briefs, speeches, presentations and other communication materials related to SSC and TrC
- Provide coordination support to the Directorate to ensure efficient internal communications
- Support online communication through UNOSSC social media channels
- Provide logistical support to UNOSSC events
- Assist in identifying opportunities and contribute to resource mobilisation for SSC/TrC
Provide other ad hoc support as required
- Understanding of strategic communication and how it can contribute to the achievement of specific development goals;
- Ability to engage with partners and forge productive working relationships;
- Familiarity with global development issues and the world of the UN.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Responsible, responsive, and enthusiastic
- Ability to arrange events with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyse data and resolve problems;
- Ability to produce deliverables conforming to the required standard;
- Ability to support a team and team building skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Strong IT skills and excellent knowledge of office software packages; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualified/suitable intern from the field of communication for development, journalism, communications, sustainable development, social science, or related field. Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
We also published: DICK HANSON SCHOLARSHIP FUND
For the UNDP Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting-Internship 2020, the following experiences are required:
- Experience in communications required;
- Familiar with international development/relations desirable;
- Familiarity with the UN system in general and/or with South-South development cooperation in particular is an asset.
- Proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of one of the other five official languages of the UN (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) would be an asset.
- Interns may be given a stipend per month in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship policy, which applicants should become familiar with prior to signing an UN Internship Agreement Form .
Where an intern is financially supported by an institution, government or third party, UNDP will, subject to the rules of such institution, government or third party, pay the intern the difference, if any, between the external financial support provided and the applicable UNDP Stipend.
- UNOSSC accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions;
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment within the UN System, but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
Candidates who are shortlisted for an interview must submit prior to the interview the following documents:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in a graduate-level degree programme.
Only a successful candidate for the UNDP Communications/Knowledge Management and Reporting-Internship 2020, will be required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of the applicant’s most recent resume or curriculum vitae;
- A letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date;
- A copy of his/her school transcript;
- A letter of recommendation from a professor;
- A signed UNDP Internship Agreement;
- A Medical Certificate of Good Health;
- Proof of medical insurance including provision for medical evacuation and removal of mortal remains or life insurance;
- Copy of passport and working visa for the United State
Duration of Contract: 6 months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Application Deadline: December 31st 2020
For More Enquiries and Questions VISIT HOME PAGE