AAUW International Fellowships in the USA is specifically reserved for women. AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are non-citizens of the United States citizens or hold permanent residency.
This offer accommodates both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions.
Accredited U.S. institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions.
Number of Awards for AAUW International Fellowships:
The exact number of the scholarship award is not specified
Deadline: 15 Nov (annual)
Study in: USA
Next course starts July (annual)
AAUW International Fellowships award is targeted at women who are non-citizens and does not hold a permanent resident permit. Showing previous engagements towards the advancement of women and girls in the area of civic, community or professional work would earn your more chances for selection in the application.
Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000
Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
To be eligible for this AAUW International Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- United citizens are not eligible for this offer or women who possess permanent resident permit or women with a non-immigrant visa. If you would be receiving permanent residency or awarded citizenship in the course of benefiting from the scholarship, the scholarship will be terminated.
- Must hold an equivalent academic certification to a united state bachelor’s degree completed by 15 November of the application year
- Must be willing to give full-time attention to the intended academic plan during the fellowship year
- Showing intention to stay back after fellowship will mean a disqualification, you must have strong intentions to return to home country after fellowship
- Proficiency in the English language is a prerequisite. One must either show evidence that her native language is English or that her undergraduate courses were taught in English (with evidence of transcript). Or show an English test result of TOEFL not older than 2 years (IELTS not accepted). Institutional TOEFL scores and other English proficiency test scores (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum score acceptable: 550 for Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT); 79 for Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT); 60 for Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test.
- If you are applying for masters, or doctorate, application must be made before 15 November to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
See the full eligibility criteria at the official website for more details.
Every Application and uploading of documents are made online
Applications and submission of supporting documents are done online. The application deadline is 15 November annually.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application and for detailed updated information on this scholarship/fellowship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.aauw.org/what-we-do/educational-funding-and-awards/international-fellowships/if-application/