The Humphrey Fellowship scholarship Program is for experienced professionals interested in enhancing their leadership ability by means of commensurate exchange of knowledge on like issues regarding the united states and fellow’s home nation.
This is a non-degree program which offers intense and numerous priceless opportunities for professional enhancement and career-building through selected university courses, conference meetings, network building and practical work experience.
Fellows would have the ability to give attention to their institutional courses while working closely with their Humphrey colleagues in impactful seminars and workshops.
Beyond the university courses, fellows are exposed to learn more about the American cultures while mixing up with American peers. If you are passionate about becoming a global leader the Humphrey Fellowship scholarship Program is best tailored for you.
Table of Contents
Successful applicants will be placed randomly in any of the participating USA University without a privilege to choose as the fellowship decides which university they will be posted to. Fellows are grouped into 7-15 group members and each group sent to the most suited university based on the choice of course and specified interest.
Level/Field of study:
Humphrey Fellowship scholarship Program is a non-degree program which offers intense and numerous priceless opportunities for professional enhancement and career-building through selected university courses, conference meetings, network building and practical work experience. The eligible program fields are:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Number of Awards for Humphrey Fellowship scholarship Program:
Every year, about 200 fellowships are awarded for the Humphrey Fellowship Scholarship program.
Citizens of eligible countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
Deadline: before 1 Oct (annual)
Study in: USA
The program starts Apr-Sept (annual)
The Fellowship provides for:
- Full tuition fees to the designated host university fellow will be sent to
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Read Also: 20 USA Scholarships for International Students
The applicant must have:
- Possess a university undergraduate degree from a verifiable institution
- 5 years minimum professional experience is mandatory
- Should have little or no prior experience in the united states
- Show strong leadership abilities.
- Show past experience or engagement in community services
- Good fluency in English language communication
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements (link found below).
Application deadlines vary by country but fall around May to September each year. The nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by 1 October. See further instructions on how to apply
Please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country for more information about application procedures.
It is important to read the FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://humphreyfellowship.org/
Related Scholarships: List of Scholarship Programs in the USA for Foreign Students