Looking for an opportunity to study abroad, then this is a life changing opportunity as the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young people (SCYP), offers you the chance to study in Hungary. With the growing demand for international students in Hungary, you are one short away from getting started.
The quality of education and the recognition of degrees awarded by Hungarian Universities throughout Europe and beyond attract students to study in Hungary. The affordable living costs, extremely favourable cost-to-value ratio, convenient public transportation system are also the reasons why you should study in Hungary.
The major aim of the Scholarship for Christian Young people (SCYP) is to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in the crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
At the end of their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to improve the social situation and preservation of Christian cultures in Christian communities.
The scholarship for Christian young people is managed by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and Hungary Helps Programme and organized by the Tempus Public Foundation.
FOR ENQUIRIES ABOUT THE DETAILS OF APPLICATION FOR THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR, PLEASE READ THE CALL FOR APPLICATION
NB: THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FOR THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR IS: 31/01/2020
The Scholarship for Christian Young People covers the following:
- exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 128,520 (cca. EUR 400) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- Doctoral level: the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 570) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000 to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month (cca. EUR 125) is only a contribution to rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
Reimbursement of travel costs
- HUF 200,000 /academic year (cca. EUR 640)
- Health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
It is recommended that All applicants study the rules and regulation of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People in advance.
YOU CAN APPLY VIA THIS LINK: HTTPS://APPLY.SCYP.HU/
It is worthy to note that degree programmes at bachelor level and one-tier master’s programmes are available for all applicants. While master’s and doctoral programmes are open to those applicants who have completed their bachelor/master studies in the frame of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People in Hungary, or are registered for the last semester of their studies in the 2019/2020 academic year as Scholarship for Christian Young People scholarship holders.