The Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships Application for the 2022/2023 session is now open. Applicants from Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi are hereby invited to apply for this scholarship. This scholarship is sponsored by “The Beit Trust” which was set up in 1906 by the renowned philanthropist, Alfred Beit. He was the sole financier.
It is an independent, non-political charity that has supported communities in Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi (ZZM). It gives scholarships for international students to study in the United Kingdom and South Africa.
Table of Contents
Details About The Beit Trust Scholarships Application
It is solely for postgraduate degrees only with a focus on Master’s degrees. Scholarships for Doctoral Studies (Ph.D.) are not offered at the start. In rare cases, the Beit Scholars with outstanding performance at the Master’s level are considered and given an extended scholarship for Ph.D. The scholarship does not also make provisions for MBAs
The Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships Eligibility Requirements
- The Applicants Must be Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi (ZZM) Nationals and permanently reside in ZZM, live in these countries and wish to return to their countries after successful completion of their studies.
- Application is for persons under 30 years of age by December 31st 2021 except for Medical And Veterinary applicants who must be under 35 years
- Post first degree work experience is also necessary and is strongly recommended to be considered for The Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships.
- Medical And Veterinary applicants must have completed their internship (18 months) and a One-year rural posting in ZZM
- The scholarship is for those who haven’t begun a course already. Those who have begun a course already won’t be considered.
- Only applicants with First Class/Distinction or Second Class Honours (Upper Division) at the undergraduate level will be considered.
The Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships Benefits
- Fees, tuition costs and other academic expenses – The Trust pays directly to the partner Universities.
- Personal allowance
- Maintenance support
- To and Fro Tickets (Economy Class) to the place of study.
- A laptop
- Expenses arising in 2022/2023 due to Residual COVID protocols
- No provisions for spouses and Dependants/other family members.
The Partner Universities
In the quest to increase the number of available scholarships and reduce the costs of scholarships, the Sponsor partners with other universities. This means that the Beit Trust Postgraduate scholarship is for candidates who have been accepted successfully by the Partner Universities.
Applicants are hereby advised to first apply to and be accepted by any of the partner universities before applying for The Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships.
The UK Partner Universities are as follows:
- University of Cambridge
- Andrews (Only Computer Science)
- University of Edinburgh
- Oxford University
- University of Leeds
- Strathclyde (Only Engineering discipline)
- University of Glasgow (Only Bio-Medical Disciplines)
- Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford
The South Africa Partner Universities are as follows:
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
The following documents are to be submitted with your application for The Beit Trust Scholarships.
- A signed Certificate of Medical Fitness from a doctor. You can download it here, print it and give it to your doctor to sign and then you upload it.
- A copy of your admission letter from any of the UK Partner Universities or Document showing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at South African Partner University/s.
- Your degree result/professional certificates
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement (Not more than 500 words)
- A recent full-photograph, not passport.
- Valid Int’l Passport
NB: Ensure that all required documents are handy to be uploaded electronically before starting your application. This is because the application portal does not make provisions for saving answers and returning to them later. In other words, every process started must be completed at the same time.
Visit the SCHOLARSHIP HOMEPAGE for Application Procedures
The Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for UK and South African Universities end on 11 February 2022.
We Also Recommend:
- Statement Of Purpose For Cyber Security [Sample Included]
- How to Write a Statement of Purpose for Masters
- Sample Statement of Purpose for Computer Engineering
- How to Get Fully Funded Masters Scholarships for International Students in the USA
- CADBURY RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP 2020 FOR RESEARCHERS IN AFRICAN INSTITUTIONS (FULLY-FUNDED)
- DEVELOPING SOLUTIONS MASTERS SCHOLARSHIP AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM UK