The VECO College Scholarship Program is an annual scholarship grant offered by the Visayan Electric Company to support their customers in High School or College. It is mainly offered to the poor students who reside within its Franchise area, which is from Liloan town in northern Cebu to San Fernando town in southern Cebu.
Applicants for the Visayan Electric Company (VECO) College Scholarship Program, are required to submit a completed application form to the VECO Department of Community Relations at J Panis Street, Banilad, Cebu City. Being a renewable scholarship, scholarship holders are expected to renew their scholarships each semester while maintaining the required Grade Point Average (GPA).
Known for its reputation in the Philippines as the second-largest electricity utility, VECO is owned and managed by Aboitiz Power Corporation and Vivant Corporation.
Table of Contents
About Visayan Electric Company (VECO) College Scholarship Program
It is an avenue through which VECO continues to give back to the Cebuano community. Selection for this scholarship is based on the financial status of the applicant, special awards, academic status, extracurricular activities and submission of application requirements in time. A formal interview will be conducted to complete the selection process.
It is typically for scholars who have a burning interest in engineering courses. The studies will be undertaken in the following institutions:
- University of San Carlos
- Cebu Institute of Technology and
- The University of San Jose-Recoletos
This scholarship is intended to equip the scholars for future employment at the Visayan Electric Company (VECO).
Level/Field of Study VECO Scholarship Program
The Visayan Electric Company (VECO) College Scholarship Program is categorically for students with outstanding academic performance during their high school programmes and wishes to pursue:
- BS-Electrical Engineering
- BS-Industrial Engineering
- BS-Accountancy and
- AB-Mass Communication.
Lookup for other scholarships available to International Students Here
The grant is available to Philippines Students only.
Worth of Scholarship
The scholarship covers tuition fees, medical and other expenses.
VECO College Scholarship Eligibility
Qualified scholars must:
- Pass all the subjects enrolled with no grade of below 2.5 and a general point
an average of 2.0;
- Be enrolled in the number of units required per semester as indicated by the
- Not drop any subjects;
- Finish the required five-year course enrolled in;
- Submit her/ his final-end-of-term grades within 30 days after final exams for
- Actively participate in various school organizations to enhance interpersonally
- Not enjoy any other form of scholarship;
- Participate in Aboitiz and VECO related activities.
Additional Criteria For Qualification
- Should be a dependent of a VECO customer with no record of violations
of service contract
- An individual annual income of parents should not exceed P150,000
- Must be an incoming 1st-year college with a General Weighted Average (GWA)
of at least 90%
- Willing to pursue BS-Electrical Engineering, BS-Industrial Engineering, BS Accountancy or
- Willing to enrol in any of our accredited universities (USC, USJ-R, and CIT-U)
All criteria for qualifications should be met. The absence of one disqualifies the applicant.
How To Apply For The VECO College Scholarship
Your application kit should contain ALL of the following requirements.
- Complete & signed application form with current 2×2 coloured photo
- Photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate
- A certified true copy of the Grade 12 report card
- Photocopy of Income Tax Return from BIR or Certificate of Indigency from the Barangay
- Enclose all requirements in a short brown envelope.
Submit your application on or before April 12, every year.
Reputation Enhancement Department
Visayan Electric Company, Inc.
J. Panis Street, VECO Engineering Office, Banilad, Cebu City
We also recommend
- GOVERNMENT OF IRELAND POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
- Apply For Legal Intern At Relief International
- Jönköping University Scholarships In Sweden 2021
- MÄLARDALEN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR MSc
- D. SCHOLARSHIP IN STATISTICS IN THE COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL